Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

2 Year Wedding Anniversary

It's crazy to think that we have been married for 2 years. Time sure does fly by. I think we have changed a bunch after the first year. We have moved, had a baby, seen our ups and downs, but celebrated life through it all. Who ever said life was going to be perfect? I do have to admit pre-marriage, I thought it was going to be . . . our pre-marital counseling helped me understand a little more about reality.

I think marriage can be a crazy rush of romance, fairytale, and enjoying time with your best friend. . . but it can also be a notable source of pushing buttons, not meeting each others needs, and not agreeing on how to live day in an out . . . I think the biggest lesson I have learned surrounds the word "expectations." As long as we are communicating what we expect (and our expectations are reasonable) life seems to move peaceably. The minute we feel our expectations are not being met, life becomes a little more stressful. Finding the balance is the trickiest part in every marriage.

I'm looking forward to year 3. Joe and I have both entered into a coaching/mentoring relationship, setting life goals, action steps, ideal weeks, etc. . . and I think it's already making a big difference. I'm looking forward to the year ahead, not only as we both grow, but watching Judah grow as well.

Love.

No comments: