Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Makeup Must-haves in summer heat...

For those of you who know me well, or see me on a regular basis, you have witnessed my NO-makeup face often (especially since becoming a mom). I've never really been into makeup. Even when I was little, it really wasn't an interest of mine (except to create another mess for my mom to clean up). I'm not really a girly, girl - I don't accessorize much (unless my mom puts my outfit together- and don't get me wrong, I'm 28 years old, and YES, my mom still dresses me for important occasions). Regardless, there are a few makeup must-haves that I have come across (partially from stealing these items from my mom's makeup bag...haha).

So, if you are an on-the-go mom like me...but still need to appear "awake" every once-in-a-while, check these items out!

1. Smashbox Photo Finish with SPF 15


1. Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner

3. L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara

4. CO Bigelow Lip Gloss in various flavors and tints





1. Smashbox Photo Finish link on Sephora
If you are like me at all, you forget to put on sunscreen or it's just a hassle. This is the perfect solution! It has great texture that makes your skin feel silky smooth with a little sun protection! It is pricey- but it's a splurge (especially when I'm not buying makeup every month).

2. Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner link on Sephora
My mother got me addicted to this eyeliner. I don't think it's waterproof, but it still works wonders and will stay on through sweat and tears.

3. L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara can be found at Walgreens, Target or your local drugstore...
I love this mascara and it last for a while. I've got a friend (you know who you are) that is addicted and buys a new mascara every 2 weeks. I on the otherhand...can go for a year or more with the same tube. Take it or leave it. This stuff works.

4. CO Bigelow Lip Gloss can be found at Bath & Body works or link on Amazon.
I'm not a lipstick person, but this lip gloss is the key to any summer dryness. I think it also has SPF in it as well. There are several flavors and various shades. I've got one in almost every bag I carry.

There you have it. It's short and to the point...but it works wonders for moms on the go! As my mother would say...it just "perks" you up a little...or makes you look a little more "awake."

Enjoy the summer glow!

No comments: