Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Impossibly Easy Quiche Muffins

If you know me at all, you know I hate to cook. We recently had a MOMS group brunch, and needed a type of egg dish. My mom had altered a dish she found from Betty Crocker for my shower so I headed to her house for a tutorial.

We started from this recipe found here: Impossibly Easy Vegetable Pie and altered to fit our needs. At my shower, she created this recipe in muffin cups. We realized it's easier to peel from foil cups then paper, so for the sake of these photos below- it's in mini-bread shaped foiled muffin cups. Regular foil cups would work just fine.

I always like following recipes with photos due to my ineptness when it comes to cooking...so I hope this makes a for a quick easy tutorial for you if needing a brunch/shower/breakfast recipe.

1. Heat oven to 400.

2. Place foil cups in muffin pan (in this case we used a regular glass baking dish). Spray with Pam (or non-sticking spray of your choice).

3. My mom liked the use of bacon in this particular recipe- so we used the pre-cooked kind that you stick in the microwave for 3 minutes. Simple, easy, and tastes delicious (can be subsitutuded for various meat products or veggies). Break into pieces and place at the bottom of the muffin cup.

4. Saute veggies (we used red and yellow peppers, onions, and cooked over oil) on the stove then place over the bacon.

5. Sprinkle chedder cheese on top of veggies until they are covered. (other cheese substitutes can be used as well)
6. Mix together eggs, milk, bisquick batter mix (amounts are on the original recipe link above)7. Pour about 1/3 cup of the mixture on the top of the cheese.
8. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. And you have yourself a nice little egg dish. You can also danish with a tomato, etc...but I ran out of time...Enjoy!


Here is a picture of the muffin size cups from my shower:

1 comment:

Job 42 said...

Were there by chance any left over after the shower--I'm wondering how they keep? Do you serve them hot, and would they re-heat nicely I wonder, in the microwave? I'd like to make a batch to keep handy for quick breakfasts. Thank you :)